SC - Marshmallows

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Wed Feb 3 07:06:17 PST 1999

I would think the marshmallow cream stuff you get in the jar would be
closer to period-ish than the puffed marshmallows in the bag.  The
jet-puffing thing was added after 1700.  My 7 year old actually told me
about the mallow root thing.  She got it from an episode of "Magic School
Bus":-)
gwyneth

 substitute that became the marshmallow we know today. BUT - if the
confectioner's were trying to recreate marshmallows then I would assume
they would only be happy with a close match. SO fire up the
marshmallows...They're Period :)