SC - payn ragoun

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Feb 3 00:51:41 PST 1999

Cairistiona,

I, too, originally thought of 'brawn' as the equivalent of head cheese,
but checking the glossary in Curye on Inglish gave me the right info,
except that I read 'brawn' as 'meat', which it occasionally is, but most
often is 'pork meat'.  I'm learning, the hard way, that what I think I
learned all those years ago in grad school old and middle English 'ain't
necessarily so'.

Taffy is very chewy--can pull your fillings loose.  It isn't soft.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc