SC - re: Seafood Sources

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 04:28:33 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/6/99 5:16:49 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Mordonna22 at aol.com
writes:

<< Does anyone have good suggestions on where to find delicacies such as
 freshwater fish roe?  Now that the subject has been braced, I find myself
 craving some good old Southern Fried roe.

 Mordonna >>
Well I know you can get shad roe fresh in the late spring and early summer in
New England as I have had it on the menu at various restaurants I have worked
mostly European in nature. My guess is a good seafood or fish house i.e. store
would be your best bet and as a side on the fish eggs in the wafers I think
you need fresh roe not caviar as it is salted and processed and is probably
to'hard" from the salt to break up the eggs, roe, to the consistency needed
for a batter lumpy salty fish egg pieces well its not my cup of tea. Hope i
have been helpful
                                                            TTFN Joram
Baroney of the Bridge
ast Kingdom