SC - outdoor feast info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Feb 13 02:21:29 PST 1999

Shari Burnham <pndarvis at execpc.com> asked:
> Speaking of which, perhaps those experts still at home/on this list may tell
> me
> what is their favorite recipe(s) to use when cooking out of doors?  the
> feast in
> july is going to be outdoors, for my entire house (about 35 people) and I

Some of the stuff in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium might
be useful to you:
cook-ovr-fire-msg (35K)  2/ 1/99    Cooking over open fires. Outdoor feasts.

At our recent Candlemas feast, which was an all-day sideboard feast there
were five types of homemade, period sausages. While this was done inside,
there is no reason you couldn't premake the sausages and then roast them
outside for your feast. Take a look at this file for some recipes and
sausage making instructions:
sausages-msg      (80K)  1/12/99    Period sausages. Making sausage.

Perhaps some of the info in this file would also be useful, even they
are cooking in a less primative enviornment. They are still cooking
with open fires though. This is the FEAST section.
Kentwell-Hall-art (25K)  6/25/98    A period kitchen at a Living History site.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****