SC - Re:chocolate

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Feb 14 10:04:30 PST 1999

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain wrote:

> Back in the days when I was a baker, not a sailor, my boss told me that
> that was actually a "German's Chocolate cake" - a recipe which was
> originally published by German's Chocolate as a way of using their product.
>  Don't know if this was really so, or if it was, if the company still
> exists - anybody care enough to do a Web search? 8)

I have some in my cupboard, actually. The package says "German's" in
rather small print, and "BAKER'S" writ rather large, which is probably
why the product is commonly referred to as Baker's Chocolate around
here... .

While there are plenty of chocolate products made specifically for a
given purpose, such as melting chocolate, glazing chocolate, etc., I
don't think I've seen a reference to Baker's chocolate that wasn't to
the little 8-ounce box of this stuff.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy