SC - OT-OOP Trex

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 06:50:05 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/15/99 9:02:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<  Now
 eggplant, on the other hand, spreads herpes, and frozen lima beans cause
 demonic possession in lab animals. Yeah, dat's it! Dat's da ticket!

 Adamantius >>

I had not heard about these latest 'food horrors'. :-0 I am aware that eating
peanut butter containing rape seed oil causes premature aging and I have read
somewhere that eating eggs, whole milk, and normally fattened animals in
normal quantities can clog your arteries........margarine used to be good for
you but recently it has come out that it is just as bad for you as butter so I
went back to butter and tell any guests who may be reveling in hypochondriacal
fits of self-mortification to bring their own food if they insist on eating
garbage in general.

Oh, I almost forgot...potatoes, tomatoes and green peppers cause arthritis.
Tomatoes cause cancer. Carrots turn your skin orange and floride in drinking
water causes brain tumors.....eating celery can lead to kidney failure and
beets contain cyanide....90 per cent of all herbs and seasinings make you fail
your drug tests or cause abortion.

Seems reasonable to say we should all go back to drinking teetotaling, non-
smokers mothers milk exclusively.

Moderation, a wide variety of foods, exercise are the secrets, folks. Even if
you pay attention to the overblown medical news, eating butter or lard at a
feast occasionally is not going to hurt you. OTH, if you have a REAL medical
problem, as opposed to imaginary potential problems, following your doctor's
advise through the week and eating 'normal' food at the rare feast is not
going to burst your blood vessels, IMO.

Ras ( remembering that medical studies are conducted mostly on rats or already
dead people neither of wich is irrelevant to him)