SC - My birthday present

Margo Farnsworth margokeiko at esslink.com
Wed Feb 17 04:35:13 PST 1999

>I just have to brag about the birthday present my Lord gave me.  It is an
>8" Henkel Professional S series Chef's Knife.  It is just as sharp as a
>razor, and I'm learning to really like the shorter-than-I'm-used-to
>blade.  The lady at the store he bought it at was appalled that he was
>getting a knife for a Valentine's Day present (it was that, too - but I
>don't mind!).

For a couple of years now, my husband has been getting me a Henkels knife
(I, too, prefer the Professional S series as I find it has the best balance)
for each birthday and Christmas.  I just got the 10" chef's this year, but
am finding I prefer to use my 8".  The next one I want is the 6" utility
knife - I got one for my best friend for Christmas and it is a truely handy
little knife.  I personally think it is a very romantic gift, as only a cook
would.  Something else I have picked up that I am loving is a magnetic bar
that is mounted on the wall that I put my knives on.  It is right above a
marble slab (which I found at a garage sale for $75) counter top, so I can
see and grab whatever I want.  I've also heard that knife blocks harbor
bacteria, and the magnetic strip is much more sanitary.

Congrats on the new knife and happy birthday!

Faoiltighearna