SC - cardboard box cookers

Stephen and Stephanie Dale sdale at mx00.us.hsanet.net
Fri Feb 19 15:46:27 PST 1999

Hello everyone, I am new to the list and receive the digest. I thought I'd
de-lurk after reading the post asking about how to cook a roast on site. It
reminded me about some sites I found about creating a portable  "oven" out
of a cardboard box and plexiglass or heavy plastic. You set the box in the
sun all day and the food cooks because the box has trapped the ultaviolet
radiation (I think). I though it would be a neat experiment to try at
Pennsic, or at weekend camping events in the southern climes. It is being
used with great success in Africa at this time by people who are too poor to
own a stove. I also thought it would be great for the people of Haiti to use
since the island is deforrested. Any thoughts? I will post the URL if there
is interest.
Aislinn Columba of Carlisle
Barony of Dunn Carraig
Atlantia