SC - Milk delivery

snowfire at mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Sat Feb 20 17:43:00 PST 1999

- -Poster: Jean Holtom <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>

>Have been watching this thread with interest. I'm rather surprised at the
>lack of personal service most of you seem to encounter.

Because there are no deliveries anymore of things like milk etc?

I think some things are delivered still, but perhaps havn't been mentioned.
Newspapers, for instance, or medications - many pharmacies deliver.

Some places here in the US have MDs that still do house calls too, at least
in some places in CT they do, and this trend seems to be increasing slightly.
Wales is a different world.  They do always have an MD on call to make the
housecalls, but after 5pm, if you call for a doctor, you get a recorded
message that says "...please do not call the doctor unless this is a dire
emergency, as the doctor is on call for 12,000 people".  (no typo).

I suppose then, that there are definate pluses to having readily available
services sometimes, even if you have to "go out" for them vs the luxury of
delivery to the home!  :-)

What do you think?

Elysant