SC - Mortar and pestle illustration?

Jan McEwen jmcewen at hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 22 08:16:15 PST 1999

Cross-posted to sca-scribes.

Has anyone come across any documentation for a mortar and pestle?
Especially an illustration?  My lord needs to retro-document this for an
A&S baronial entry, and I haven't been able to locate any so far.  Thanks
for any help!

BTW, I relayed the request for vinha d'ahos to my lord.  He needs to watch
his grandmother make it (she doesn't use a recipe), and she doesn't make
it that often.  Rest assured that when he does get the recipe, it will be
posted.

	Catriona

Jan McEwen, Urban Horticulturist, Urban Garden Center, Pearl City, Hawaii
UH/College of Tropical Agriculture/Cooperative Extension Services
SCA: Catriona Stewart of the Glens, Barony of the Western Seas, Caid
Internet:  jmcewen at hawaii.edu