SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Meliora & Drake meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Wed Feb 24 06:16:57 PST 1999

Greetings all,

we had also thought that there may have been a mis-translation of
blueberries or
some other berry that has a black or blue coloured juice, however, the
redaction
we used specifically states "will turn the mixture a dark blue".  So it
starts
off as a different colour?

I have since found blackberries at my local organic market and will try
a batch
this weekend.  The organically grown ones are more likely to be picked
when ripe
and less likely to have been sprayed with any chemicals.

The original translation we used was from Martino, Meastro. Libro de
arte
coquinaria.  Unfortuntately Redon and co do not provide the original
italian and
neither of us cooks have enough knowledge to attempt a translation
ourselves.
We would be interested if anyone else had the original or could check
the
translation?

As a final note, would heating the mixture help?  It would certainly
assist the
pectin in setting, wouldn't it?

Thanks and regards

Meliora.