SC - OT OOP character and font questions

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 20:17:10 PST 1999

<< represent þ (thorn) >>

How did you make the thorn symbol? It appears perfectly in your letter
to me
so I must have a font file that recognizes it but I am at a loss on
how to
reproduce it on my keyboard. IF I could figure out how to make the
symbols
appear then using alternatives would no longer be an issue for me.
Thanks in
advance. :-)

Ras
<<<<<<<<

If you are working in Windows, it is really easy.  From the Start
menu, go to Accessories, and Character Map (or Win 98, Accessories,
System Tools, Character Map.)  There you will get a chart of all the
characters your font carries, including the thorn among others.  Just
select the letter, copy it, and go back to your writing, and paste it
in.  Not at all complicated.  And fun to use åll ßørtŠ of £Œttærš (my
apoligies to those readers who see these letters as something
different than I do, I just like the looks of them.)[yes, I know.
Another example of Stupid American Tricks!]

Does that help?

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra