SC - Dried Currants

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Feb 27 19:00:55 PST 1999

snowfire at mail.snet.net wrote:

> We still do this with chocolates (candy).  Descriptions of each filling are usually
> written under a picture of the particular chocolate - on a card placed inside the
> box.  Cadbury's Milk Tray does it.  The descriptions are always lavish and mention
> ingredients from exotic places.

Forgive me, all, if I seem preoccupied on the subject referenced below
(normally I'm not, even slightly), but would the description "only the
finest juicy chunks of fresh Cornish ram's bladder, emptied, steamed,
flavoured with sesame seeds, whipped into a fondue, and garnished with
lark's vomit" sound about right? It was pretty funny even before I
realized it had some basis in reality.

> >ever see the Python
> >routine about the self-defense against fresh fruit course? John Cleese,
> >as the instructor, uses the term "red currant" and "raspberry"
> >interchangably, having his students charge at him with deadly
> >raspberries, using a Bengal tiger, as I recall, to defend himself. He
> >says the great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that 'e eats
> >not only the fruit-laden foe, but also the red currants.
>
> I don't know why I don't remember that one...

So many sketches, so little time, and all. IMO, the only funnier
material on the subject is Alexei Sayle's Oscar Wilde's School of
Self-Defense routine...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy