SC - Re: salmon recipe

Kallyr at aol.com Kallyr at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 06:46:42 PST 1999

This is a salmon recipe I am currently considering using for my upcoming feast

Salmon Roasted in Sauce
Redaction by Minna Gantz (mka Sherry Levi)

Ingredients:
12 lb. salmon steak(s), about 3/4- 1" thick

for the sauce:
6 c. red wine
3 Tbsp. cinnamon
24-36 scallions, minced (depending on size)
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. ginger, powdered

Serves: 12 tables of 8 (in feast context)

Preparation:

1) Roast salmon on a hot (slightly oiled or non-stick surface) skillet or
griddle.

2) Simmer red wine in a saucepan whisking in cinnamon and stirring in
scallions.

3) When ready to serve, turn off heat and add vinegar and ginger, whisk
together.

4) Ladle sauce over the salmon & serve hot.

Original text
Book II, Harleian 4016. 152.
Samon roste in Sauce.
Take a Salmond, and cut hem rounde, chyne and all, and roste the peces on a
gredire; And take wyne, and poudre of Canell, and draw it ?orgh a streynour;
And take smale myced onions, and caste ?ere-to, and lete hem boyle; And ?en
take vynegre, or vergeous, and pouder ginger, and cast there-to; And ?en ley
the samon in a dissh, and cast ?e sirop ?eron al hote, & serue it forth.