SC - OOP iced coffee recipe

Helen him at gte.net
Mon Feb 1 00:08:05 PST 1999

Thought you might like this, OOP but very good so good.  I have to make a double
batch just to get any at all!!  (My boyfriend is crazy for this!)

Caramelized Espresso Frappe

1/2 cup of boiling water
1 teaspoons instant espresso or 2 tsp. of instant coffee granules
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup water divided use
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup of hot cocoa mix
1 cup crushed ice

Combine coffee granules in boiling water and freeze. Combine sugar and 2
tablespoons of water in heavy pan till sugar is dissolved and then cook 5 more
mins till it turns golden.  Take of heat and whisk in rest of water, WARNING, it
will bubble up.  Let it cool.  Add milk and cocoa mix and blend with ice and
coffee ice  in a blender.

I have been known to add shots of french vanilla coffee creamer to this and or
chocolate syrup.  I have in a pinch made it with really strong leftover coffee.

Helen