SC - Thoughts on Medieval food

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 19:53:07 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/1/99 9:02:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

<< But isn't it true My Lord that in "the olden days" it was either feast or
 famine?'  Meat was not eaten every day as in the recent past.    So that when
 there WAS meat, it was "feast & enjoy yourself"  And eating was a way to keep
 healthy! (back then.)

 Phillipa

Agreed. And your point being? My observation was intended to support the
observation that the concept of using spices in vast quantities to cover the
taste of rot is in itself 'rot'. A sheep for 20 people today would probably
not get eaten all at once. In the MA, it would have.

I fail to see what you're getting at.

Ras