SC - Thoughts on Medieval food

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Feb 1 03:38:10 PST 1999

it wasn't so much feast/famine for the upper class as it was meat or lenten
days.  remember the church did control what people could eat and when.
there were a large number of lenten days where meat could not be eaten (but
i do believe fish could be consumed so it wasn't totally vegetarian).

meadhbh