SC - trencher history guesses

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Feb 2 05:12:42 PST 1999

And it came to pass on 2 Feb 99,, that LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Bear, is this a scribal error?  I am one of the biggest bread eaters I
> know and I don't come close to that amount.  Maybe 2 pounds per week.  I
> love bread with gravy, or honey, or jam, or soup, or....

> Regards,
>
> Allison

The night before last, I baked a 2-pound loaf of sourdough bread
and left it on the counter to cool.  Yesterday, I came home from
work to discover that my lord husband and his lady mother had
disposed of half that loaf.  And they were, of course, eating other
things in the course of the day.  I can well imagine hungry people
going through two pounds of bread.  I used to be able to eat quite a
substantial amount, before diabetes limited the size of my bread
servings.

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)