SC - Chinese Explorers

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Tue Feb 2 10:39:47 PST 1999

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> just as there are still, or were in recent memory,
> children taught that dinosaurs are a myth concocted by Wicked Scientists
> in New York City™ ).

As a child at the Christian Bible school suummer camp I attended (just
once, fortunately) I was told by one of the counselors/teachers that the
dinosaurs were a great lie being taught by atheists and seculuarists in
order to undermine the Christian church. The bones and archaelogical
evidence were part of a huge plot and were planted in order to make the
lie believable.
   This same counselor was also one of those funny fellows who believed
that the world began on October 23, 4004 BC (at precisely 9 in the
morning).
   On a more interesting note, a recent TDC or TLC program I was
watching talked about the fact that Wooly Mammoths were still alive on
earth at the time of the ancient Egyptian pharoahs! Which means that
some adventurous Siberian hunter may have been snacking on mammoth
steaks at the time the pyramids were being erected. Food for thought...?

Huen
- --
A Boke of Gode Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm