SC - Fast Days

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 03:41:39 PST 1999

<<  I
 had never imagined that here I was, falling into a routine that is not
 only Period, but agricultural as well.  My, my.
 Christianna
 amazed at the way the world comes round in circles, again and again >>

Thanks for taking the time to type all that into the machine.  It's very
useful.

As for your closing, well, darlin', why are you amazed at this?  Even if we
modern humans find other "excuses" for doing things seasonally, we still _do_
them seasonally.  Spring cleaning comes to mind, along with myriad other
things we do every once in a while, usually at some specific point(s) in the
year.  We are, after all, creatures of habit.  ;-)  I've never been amazed
when I find modern urban folk doing things according to the agri-year, but I
guess since you can't take the farm outta the girl, it's natural for me to do
things according to their season.  What amazes me is when those modern urban
folk pooh-pooh the idea that they're doing  whatever it was according to a
much older calendar than ours.  Is there such a word as modern-centric?  ;-)

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother