SC - Insects-OOP for Europe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 21:52:33 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/7/99 12:34:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< I really hope I never have to eat ' Antoine de Bayonne's Famous
 Caterpillar Sauce'!!!  ;-) >>

Why? Insects are consumed with regularity and relish is not a few non-European
derived cultures. Ants are very nice when roasted and grasshoppers have just a
hint of shrimp in them. Of cultures descended from Eurpopean backgrounds,
Australia seems to be the only one that consumes insects in the form of
witchity grubs which I have never tasted but would jump at the opportunity to
do so. Other insect foods that are particularly tasty include deep fried honey
be larva which are an oral orgasm.unmatched  by any sweet treat the world
over.

Ras