SC - Mystery Spice

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Feb 9 05:43:12 PST 1999

Christina Nevin wrote:

> No, not a new member of the pop group! Whilst in Sweden last year I picked
> up some spices. Amongst these is one labelled "Krydpeppar", full of small
> black seeds, which for the life of me I can't remember what Muireann said
> they were. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA.
> - Lucretzia

Black cumin or nigella seeds come to mind...can you describe them? Are
they long like cumin, caraway, anise or fennel seeds (i.e. an
umbelliferous plant, if that's the word I'm looking for). Are they
round? Are they bigger or smaller than peppercorns, etc.?

I'll check a few books for the name "krydpeppar", but a description
might help.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy