SC - Re: favorite outdoor recipe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 13:37:55 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/11/99 4:19:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, uther at lcc.net
writes:

<< Speaking of which, perhaps those experts still at home/on this list may
 tell me
 >what is their favorite recipe(s) to use when cooking out of doors?  >>

I certainly am not an expert but I really liked my 'Roste of Roc Who Feedeth
Her Young With Elefants'. I was forced to use an emu (not period to Europe or
the Cultures they came in contact with) but ostrich was unavailable at the
time. :-( I simply did it in a pig roaster. ;-)

Barring that there is nothing more easy nore more period than slabs of beef or
grilled chickens. They are familiar to modern people, very tasty, and are
totally period. :-) Coupled with a 'Salat' and Vinaigrette dressing', some
fresh rolls and a watermelon or two, you have the perfect summer meal for both
then and now. ;-)

Ras