SC - OT: pigments

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 17:11:33 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/11/1999 5:29:55 AM Mountain Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< For example, the detail of the monk hiking up his Benedictine robes to
 display orange and green plaid Bermuda shorts with gartered black ankle
 socks is almost entirely invisible now in the Book of Kells...

 Adamantius, diving for the rock only slightly ahead of a flying paint-pot.>>

No flying paint pots. . .but be careful of any odd colored seasonings in the
food i serve you. .. . :->

On a more serious note  I've come back from Estrella with a variety of tubes
of period pigment including minium, which is made from red lead, and as a
powered pigment is VERY orange.  I have not had a chance to see if it is the
same color as a paint.

Noemi