SC - My birthday present

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Feb 16 08:54:51 PST 1999

I just have to brag about the birthday present my Lord gave me.  It is an
8" Henkel Professional S series Chef's Knife.  It is just as sharp as a
razor, and I'm learning to really like the shorter-than-I'm-used-to
blade.  The lady at the store he bought it at was appalled that he was
getting a knife for a Valentine's Day present (it was that, too - but I
don't mind!).
I said she just didn't know what was good, but I do!  He had dragged me
through several stores looking at knives about a month ago, but I figured
he was just having me look to see what I might want when we re-do the
kitchen.  So, I was clueless until he handed it to me in the bag, but I
knew right away what it was, even before I took it out.
I have been slicing and dicing like a madwoman (but no jullienne fries,
yet ;)  I told him for that kind of purchase, he did just exactly the
right thing, and got EXACTLY the blade I wanted.  (Something about the
way I scoffed and ptooeyed at the molded plastic handle on the 4 Stars
really made an impression on him).
Ah, the pleasures of a sharp, new blade.  And yup, I've already blooded
it (but really, it only took off the thinnest slice of my knuckle...)
Christianna