SC - Re: Babies and diapers

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 03:44:42 PST 1999

In a message dated 99-02-18 01:58:52 EST, Stefan wrote:

<<  I cannot remember the name of the book that was a study
 > of causes of premature death, from which this comes.  It is a consistent
 > problem with my memory that I remember tidbits, not sources.)  This
 > suggested waste in the hovel, if not in the manor house.

 I think I remember the comment. And I've got the book around here, somewhere

I don't know if this is the book, specifically, but this subject is covered
marvelously well by Barbara Hanawalt in _The Ties That Bound_.  Currently
available in trade paperback in most bookstores.  Alas, I'm moving to
Gainesville this weekend, and the library has already been moved, so I don't
have the ISBN handy.  But it's a great book for studying the lives of the
other half of our co-dependent nobility/peasant past.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother