SC - Re: Onion pottage

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Feb 18 10:21:38 PST 1999

Elizabeth of Dendermonde relays:

>Potage of Onions Which They Call "Cebollada"
>Libro de Guisados, 1528, tr. Robin Carroll-Mann
>(Lady Brighid ni Chiarain of Tethba, Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom)

You mean I've been making a PERIOD onion dish now for 20
FULL YEARS and didn't know it!?!?!

Gah, how frustrating. My question then becomes, how is it that
my little old Oma from the Netherlands and her mother before
her got a hold of this recipe? Blind luck in co-creation or
reinvention? Or possibly passed down from another source?
How fascinating...

Jasmine, jasmine at infoengine.com