SC - Diabetes

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Fri Feb 19 05:07:28 PST 1999

It has been so many years I do not remember the source, but... the Greeks knew
about and treated Diabetes.  They advised against sweet and rich foods, knowing
these could worsten the condition.  They knew a simple diet and exercise would be
a proper treatment.  I recall some off-handed remark being quoted...if the person
with the disease refused to quit eating sweet and rich foods, death would be the
result.  There was nothing more to be said, if the patient did not want the help,
then wash your hands of them.  I seem to recall this information and more was in
a book dealing with women in the healing profession, although my memory is hazy
at times.

Isabella/Dee