SC - Okra

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 12:13:24 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/21/1999 10:57:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

> >  I don't know where okra originates, but it can sure go back as far as I'm
>  >  concerned!
>  >  Serian
>
>  A Gentle who obviously has not tasted my Camp Gumbo!
>
>  Mordonna

OR my fried okra.. or for that matter, well done pickled okra <YUM>. I think
it's a cultural thing. Southerners owe a lot of their culinary heritage to
African influence. Okra fresh from the garden is a far cry from the drying
"stuff" you get in the supermarket, or dried pods on a string, or canned for
that matter.

Corwyn