Ras' irritation, my puzzle, was Re: Silliness re: SC - Okra- HALP? OOP, OT.

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Mon Feb 22 04:00:23 PST 1999

At 05:58 22-2-99 -0500, Phlip wrote:
>Now this is interesting. In half the replies to my my Comment to Adamantius,
>the symbols I typed appeared as the exclamation points I had typed- Ras
>response in particular-, and half of them showed up as the letter gibberish.
>I'm going to try to cut-n-paste what I got back in hopes one of you folks
>are computer geek enough to tell me what in blazes is going on.

Hate to tell you this, Phlip, but that entire post was loaded with
gibberish - even the parts you said were normal.

On one of the lists (Calontir or Mid, I forget which) there was a
discussion a week or two ago about someone else's e-mail doing this.  The
answer seemed to be that the gentle's mailer was sending out HTML, and that
this feature needed to be turned off.  Anybody here enough of a computer
geek to know anything about that?

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable