SC - Brazier? was Mortar and pestle illustration?

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 16:12:05 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/22/99 9:45:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

> how did they
>  heat beverages? Stove?? Charcoal Brazier?? What did such a thing look like?
>
>  Corwyn

In some cases, a hot poker or iron was quenched in the container.  Don't think
that would work for a beverage that needs to be brewed.  Another method might
be to pour boiling water from a cook pot into a vessel holding the beans, then
strain it into a serving vessel.  Or you might try steeping it in the cup,
like tea.  I have no idea how "they" did it in the middle ages, but lacking
documentation to the contrary, these would be my suggestions.

Mordonna