SC - Re: Fo: your fame spreads

Jane Waks waks at world.std.com
Tue Feb 23 07:25:35 PST 1999

>iJustin - is the STC microfilm on the web or is it attainable from
>libraries? Do you have any ISBN or similar numbers?
>
>> The book comes from the STC
>> microfilm collection (basically a microfilm set of all books published
>> in English prior to 1700); I stumbled across it while looking for gaming
>> sources.

The Short Title Catalog microfilm is available through libraries.  Justin
goes to his alma mater, Brandeis University, for it.  The films for
the full set take a whole cabinet!  If you have a good-size library,
probably a college or university, they are likely to have it.
Where are you located?

The main trouble with the STC set is that it's not well-indexed; you
can't just look up "cooking."  Which leads to happenstance discoveries
of adjacent, interesting, items, but makes it hard to browse by
topic.

Caitlin Davies