SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 16:22:41 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/23/99 4:31:29 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au writes:

>  I attempted to make this sauce for a recent event.  However, it didn't
>  turn blue - it stayed a blood-red colour. It also didn't set.

I don't know, but did you use "store'bought" blackberries, or home grown ones?
I know that when home grown "Himalaya" blackberries are ripe, they stain
everything they touch with a deep midnight blue stain that is impossible to
remove.
Truly ripe blackberries are very mushy, not at all firm.  They do not ship
well at all, therefore commercial varieties have been bred to be sold in an
unripe state.  Like most "improvements" in comestibles, this removes all taste
from the product.

Mordonna