SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Susan P Laing Susan.P.Laing at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Feb 25 16:31:43 PST 1999

Lord Ras wrote :
>A quick experiment with frozen wild blackberries this AM produced a dish
that was >definately blue.

Lord Ras -

Could you possibly advise on the botanical name of these blackberries?

We - (Meliora (original poster) and myself) relied on the packaging label
when we purchased the blackberries for this recipe and were quite perplexed
when it failed to come out the correct colour (it was however a very nice
dipping sauce for meat and was eaten enthusiastically by the Ball
attendees!)

Perhaps if we can track down the correct berry type we can grow our own for
the next recipe attempt!  (since blackberries are definately NOT a native
Australian species!)

Many thanks!

Mari de Paxford
(Meliora's "other portable brain")