SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 26 05:36:06 PST 1999

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Right now, I'm wondering if the blackberry of the recipe may not be a black
> currant.

Would the blackcurrant produce a blue sauce though? I planted currant
bushes along the alley of the house I shared with my last serious SO- one
red, one black. We only got a few berries that summer, but I seen to
remember the juice of the black ones as a very dark red-black. Delicious
though. Definitely an improvement on the things that Sun Maid puts in a
cardboard box.

I think my dream garden would have blueberries, red and black currants,
lignonberries, and some strawberries. In addition to the vegetables, of
course...

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731