SC - a Salty story

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 19:24:21 PST 1999

<< This year we had what we call 'Dutch Babies' (somefolks call then German
 > or Swedish of Dutch pancakes). Very like your Yorkshire pudding or
 > Popovers, baked in a 9x13 cake pan, they puff up and curl over around the
 > edges. Usually we smear butter and maple syrup over them, or cinnamon
 > sugar.
 > 'Lainie

> I was once served (delightful memory!) "German pancakes" that sound very
> much like your Dutch Babies, only they sprinkled them with icing sugar
> and added a squeeze of lemon juice. Heaven!    >>

My Dad used to call them "Oven baked Pancakes" and served them for Sunday
Brunch, sweet and savory with real maple syrup and butter drizzled over stewed
lamb kidneys with a wine and mushroom gravy...  Oh I'm so homesick for those
days.....

- - Sister Mary Endoline
Chilling in frosty Florida