SC - oop yorkshire pudding recipe needed!

Ronda Del Boccio Serian at plinet.com
Wed Jan 6 02:18:03 PST 1999

That reminds me....
A friend gave me a recipe from a bok of French country cooking.  No, I
don't remember the name.  It was before I was in SCA.  there was a recipe
in there for galettes.  I'm not sure how far back it goes, but:

2 c flour
2 eggs
1/2 c butter
2 T sugar (I like just a bit more in mine)
2 T milk

Make a well in flour and add other ingredients.  Put into round pan (or I
sometimes make 8 individual galettes and put them on a cookie sheet.)  The
dough should be soft but not sticky.  Bake at 425 degrees " until done "--
that's how the book put it.  that usually equals 22-26 mins.  Makes 8
servings.
  Good with Nutella or jam or honey butter on top.

If it's OOP, please don't send the authenticity nazis after me.  It's a
good recipe either way!
Blessings,
Serian

At 10:29 PM 1/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for Period French recipes. Does anyone have any
>ideas were to start looking or some of your own?
>
>Sincerely,
>Jean

Visit my Healing and Wholeness homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Villa/9391/