SC - Pine nuts part of nut allergies?

Ronda Del Boccio Serian at plinet.com
Wed Jan 6 13:53:44 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/6/99 11:46:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, CONNECT at aol.com
writes:

<< Since many receipes have been redacted to include pine nuts, I'm wondering
if
 pine nuts make people react who have nut allergies? >>

Pine nuts are a whole different ball game than walnuts, almonds, etc. They are
the seed from the pinecones of certain types of evergreens (e.g. pinon
pine).and are not true nuts.

If their are people allergic to them I would suspect it to be distinct from
walnuts just as allergies to peanuts, which are in fact legumes and not nuts,
to not predipose a person to allergies to true nuts.

My experience wityh people with nut allergies are that they are very specific
as to type.

Ras