SC - Visions of Sugar Plums?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 6 21:26:20 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> I just found this from another list I'm on. It purports to be  about the
> Midrealm garb rules for Pennsic this year. Note that any middle eastern garb
> is defined as offensive. Does anyone know the truthful of it? And, if so, what
> can be done to end this horror?
> Tas

Yea and Tuchux garb and Mongol garb and Vampire fangs... It's MY GOD DAMN
VACATION! The East and Mid and Aethelmarc Kingdoms can damn well say what is
offensive and what is not. I will go dressed as I please. What if the future Queen
of the Mid gets a bug up her ass and wants only Late period garb at war? I've been
going since '83 and I'll be damn if some some bit of fluff on some hot sticks arm
will define what I can and cannot wear to war ( I'm going late period anyways so
it doesn't matter... ). What about the FAT WOMEN in bad fitting bodices who try
and look sexy? THAT ISN'T OFFENSIVE? Having some overweight drunken wench slobber
all over you just because you spent time to sew nice garb and you are single. I
think that the crowns should spend more time dealing with affairs of state and not
mess with a MULTIMILLION DOLLAR CASH COW! ( When you look at all the money we
bring into the area for that two weeks, we are a MULTIMILLON DOLLAR CASH COW!) War
is war, just because you present squeeze won you the right to be Queen doesn't
give you the right to mess with peoples mundane lives. YES, I MEAN MUNDANE LIVES!
Think of the people who make a little extra by going to war. Think of the mundanes
who live in the surrounding area who use those extra dollars in August? (
Shennango Beverage and Beer-4-Less come to mind... ) You aren't messing with
personas anymore, you are messing with people's livelihoods. Royalty has been
assinated for less than this in history.
All I have to say is...Have Fun, Play Nice, If you have a good looking daughter
over the age of 18 and she wants to run away with Badger...give her your
blessings! :-)

Badger Bagbane