SC - oop yorkshire pudding recipe needed!

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 13:19:58 PST 1999

You know, thinking about the things in those inexpensive, easily-available
foods, I will stick to period food any day.  It is so much healthier than those
foods!  This reminds me of the Twinkie debate we had in early summer. . . .but
I'm not going to go there! Looking at feasts, you still eat alot healthier than
fast food type places.  This leads me to more questions: would health problems
like heart disease be more easily attributed to modern times because of the food
styles-I can certainly see where a diet rich in gravies would contribute, but
more so than the McDonald's diet?  Same thoughts to things like higher cases of
diabetes because more sugar in more products?  I can see where certain ailments
are hereditary, but others can be more attributed to diet. (I'm kinda curious to
know if a noble's diet versus a church/fasting diet versus merchants diet would
have effected different ailments, but might have been grouped under something
entirely.)

> It is interesting to note that today, many in the poorer classes have a
> trouble with overweight because so much of the inexpensive,
> easily-available, quick-to-eat food is high-calorie and high-salt.  If you
> have a slim, toned body it means you have the money to buy low-cal foods,
> and probably the time to work out or do other things to keep your weight
> down.  Also, you're more likely to be working, which cuts down on the time
> sitting around like a lump doing elbow exercises.

> >OTOH, an ill-fitting bodice can look bad on any body type.  I recall a waif
> of a
> >woman about 90 lbs soaking wet that wanted to desparately have her bodice
> >create a c-cup chest from a flat-as-a-board chest.  Works both ways.
>
> Yep - without something as a starter, nothing is going to happen.  Was she
> issued a couple of gym socks?

Nope.  Definately should have been.  Although Felix Needleworthy swears he can
give cleavage to Stonehenge, I am still in doubt.

>                                         ---= Morgan (one of those
> "guitar-women")

and sounding as wonderful as a guitar as well!