SC - Re: Limes

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 18:33:55 PST 1999

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:19:37 -0600 Shari Burnham <pndarvis at execpc.com>
writes:
<SNIP>  This leads me to more questions: would health
>problems
>like heart disease be more easily attributed to modern times because
>of the food
>styles-
==== Possibly but you might want to add in the amount of physical labor
involved in everyday living. These people were not couch potatoes.=======

 Same thoughts to things like higher
>cases of
>diabetes because more sugar in more products?
 ==== this has been proven among some tribes of American Indians. When
they returned to their hereditary diet and exercise routines (they were
great runners) Diabetes almost disappeared as did heart disease.======
  I can see where certain
>ailments
>are hereditary, but others can be more attributed to diet. (I'm kinda
>curious to
>know if a noble's diet versus a church/fasting diet versus merchants
>diet would
>have effected different ailments, but might have been grouped under
>something
>entirely.)
>==== Gout is associated with High fat diets. Scurvy, rickets,... were
sometimes more prevelant among the rich because they would not eat the
"inferior" brown bread and other food stuffs that were"Peasant" food.
Periodic fasting is generally good for the body.====

>>                                         ---= Morgan (one of those
Genevia