SC - MIdrealm clarification on pennsic garb

melc2newton@juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Fri Jan 8 17:34:30 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/7/99 6:28:47 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kareina at eagle.ptialaska.net writes:

>   However, before I try it, I must ask--does the sugar
>  give it a sweet taste?  Is the sugar needed for chemical reactions?  I tend
>  to not like things sweet, and if I can I skip the sugar entierly.  Would it
>  work without (or with less)?

It is sweet.  Not as sweet as a dessert type tarte, but sweet.  You can safely
reduce the sugar.  When we were redacting spinach tarts on here, several
people's redactions used less sugar, and they reported satisfactory results
from it.  I think the sugar is just for taste, and to kill some of the
bitterness of spinach.

Mordonna