SC - Re: Eat well, well to do?

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Fri Jan 8 18:55:10 PST 1999

The Brothers in the Great Dark Horde, to which I am a person on watch,
have confronted the Midrealm person in charge on the Garb issue. Here is
his reply to that
inquiry.  My EXTREME APOLOGIES to the Evil list administrator Poppa
Gunther. But Your Highness I felt the Cook's list needed to be informed
about the decision.

Thorbjorn Bjornson
Person on Watch
Great Dark Horde
Khanate Bright Star

<< Thank you for your generous attention, and may Honor and Wisdom guide
and
 guard you,

 Kevin Keary

Greetings from Aaron faheud Swiftrunner...

Thank you for your kind words and your excellent comments.  I have
tidings
that should cheer you and yours measurably.

I have stricken the anti-sca group section from my letter.
 The only costume requirement that will be rigidly enforced at the
great pennsic is that of "an attempt at pre-17th century{on this planet}
costume."  Visitors from cultures other that western european {which as
you
have rightly surmised includes myself}} are expressly welcome, as are the
rich
and varied costumes of their native people.  Should I catch anyone at
Pennsic
XXVIII trying to legislate against your right to middle eastern and
eastern
costume, I will be quick to express and enact my extreme displeasure.

My final letter makes it far more clear that all pre-17th century earth
cultures are welcome, and that there are times {such as showers/swimming}
that
more modern accoutrements are practical.  The pain of putting the pennsic
information on the web so early is that we have less than our best
efforts
available early on, but I will take the pain of that upon myself in
exchange
for having valuable information available to all as soon as possible.
The
gain of many outweighs the burden of one.

If I have left anything unclear or unanswered, please feel free to ask
further
as it is my duty to assist in such matters wherever possible.

May your steds fly like the winds across the steppe...

Aaron

Subj:	Re: POLITE inquiry for clarification of your Pennsic letter