SC - To the Ladies of the List-OT-OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 10 18:41:24 PST 1999

My housemate just came in and asked me about the apparent 'Pizza Wars'
going on between Pizza Hut and Pappa John's.  Pappa John's has an ad
campaign that says they let their pizza dough rest for a period of time
from 1 - 3 days, which, they claim, is ever so much better than the
fresh-from-the-mixing-bowl dough that Pizza Hut uses.  So, what's the
deal here?  What does making the dough sit for a few days do for it?  (My
guess was develops more glutens, which would make it tougher, or would
it?)
	This is as close as he comes to interest in food preparation, so
I want to indulge him and come up with an answer about his favorite food!

Thanks,
	Christianna