SC - English venison

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 10 19:33:52 PST 1999

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> >Perhaps the original poster just needs to "hang with a different
> >crowd."
> >
> >Gwen-Cat
> >Caerthe
>
> Especially if he is talking to a bunch of cooks.  Not that I believe in
> this generalization, (not really), but there is a bunch of napkins around
> here somewhere that says "Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted".
> Mistress Christianna

Oddly enough, probably eighty percent or more of the three-and-four-star
professional chefs I have met have been beanpole types who work out
regularly. David Bouley (anybody remember him?) really does look (and
talk, and act) like Lumiere, the candlestick character in the Disney
"Beauty and the Beast".

On the other hand, since most cooks in the SCA are amateurs, in the
literal sense, a brief glance at the dictionary might provide a clue as
to why few SCA cooks seem to be, uh, excessively svelte.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com