SC - Was Pizza Wars - OOP, Now Bread Rising

Mon Jan 11 16:47:25 PST 1999

> Not much bread and porridge, as most grain had to be imported (the
>only grain grown with any success in Iceland is barley, and that was
>mostly used for ale).
>>Elaina

This is contrary to what I have read.  The reasoning being that much more
value could be had from cooked barley than from ale.  (It would certainly
go farther.)  Hmm.

>The old Norse poem Hávamál, which I was made to learn by heart at a
>very tender age, largely deals with the theme of hospitality - what
>hospitality to offer a guest, and how to accept it.

OOh!  Would you be able to re-create it (in English) for us here?  I
would love to have it!  Many thanks in advance,
Mistress Christianna MacGrain