FW: SC - Period Chili

Wed Jan 13 08:26:55 PST 1999

> Just having cooked dinner at my home, I was wondering how many "gentlemen of the list"
> do the cooking for their families?
>
> Henri

Although our roommate, Ly. Alys D., is an excellent cook I tend to do most of the cooking
in our House.

Since the guys are describing some recent dinners:

The other night we had some company over so I breaded and browned a couple of chicken
breasts and then sauteed some onions, garlic, mushrooms and curry spices as well as
a bit of thyme. Then added a large glop of some creme fresche I'd made for 12th Night
gifts. Let that cook down to a sauce, added the chicken and put into the oven for a bit.
I served this over fried wild mushroom polenta with Caesar salad, french bread, and
sauteed carrots and broccoli in sesame oil.

I've never used creme fresche before but now I think I'll make at least a batch a month.
It does everything. Oh, for 12th Night I gave jars of creme fresche and jars of apple
burgundy jelly I'd made. They were both well recieved. I put a tray of the jelly and
creme fresche on the table with crackers so people could discover the joys of creme
fresche.

Also, sorry that I haven't provided too much imput or recipes lately. Things have
gotten a bit busy.

Yers,

Gunthar