SC - Re: Creme fresche

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 13 14:24:31 PST 1999

Greetings!

One of the reasons that my lord husband says he married me was because when
we met at an event, someone asked what the name of the potato-leek soup with
cream was.  I said 'viscissoye (sp?)' and the good gentle thought that it
was "bouillabaisse (sp?)".  But I was able to explain the difference between
the two, which impressed my lord.

But when he says this is the reason why he married me, I just tell people
the reason why I married him was because he has copies of "To the King's
Taste"  AND  "To the Queen's Taste", which he found in used bookstore for
$15 for both.

Let's just say when we do feasts, we both know that we have at least 1
volunteer!  (Both of us have 15 years each experience cooking for a living)

Lady Luveday Tyreman
wife of Lord Fernando Juan Carlos Remesal
Cynnabar, Pentamere, Midrealm

(PS Plus he brews!)

"Understanding the history of the dish you are preparing will allow you to
put a little more of your heart and soul into what you're cooking."--Chef
Jimmy Schmidt