SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1174

Marian Rosenberg bookworm1 at ibm.net
Thu Jan 14 20:19:02 PST 1999

You might try "The Sensible Cook, Dutch Foodways in the Old and the New
World" translated and edited by Peter G. Rose 1989 ISBN 0-8156-0241-3"  The
original "The Sensible Cook or Careful Housekeeper" was published in 1667
but apparently contains recipes from  "Eenen Seer Schonen ende Excellenten
Coc-boeck" by Carolus Battus which was published in 1589.