SC - Sources for Verjuice

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 15 12:48:08 PST 1999

At 12:46 PM -0500 1/15/99, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

>I vaguely recall HG Cariadoc telling us on this list that Perry had
>since revised his opinion about the carcinogenic qualities of murri.

I never found Charles Perry's argument convincing, since I doubt it would
have been in common use for so long if it had really serious problems of
that sort. In any case, he made some murri some months back, and published
an article on it in the L.A. Times. He says it is somewhat similar to soy
sauce. Apparently soy sauce is made not only from soy beans but also from
fermented grain--like murri, although murri uses barley.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/